Thursday, March 8, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

 Black Bean Brownies

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes
Servings: 16
...
"These brownies are gluten-, dairy-, and soy free."
Ingredients:
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder

1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
2. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=161701&origin=detail&&Servings=16



* So for a few years I have heard how great these brownies. I and my friend made these Thursday night. The results I left out the two optional items & took them to work.
My friend who also made added the chocolate chip but not the coffee. She said they were great the nice thing was that she wasn't craving to eat the whole pan.
At work I just sat them on the table people took them when I went & asked them what they thought some said ok but what is in it? One said is it ok if I throw it away.. they must be just to healthy?  One told someone, "oh those are so good you should try it".. the look on the guys face must have been shock because the one who offered started laughing.  My husband also tried it & thought it was very strong.
The results with out the chocolate chips it just doesn't tast like a normal brownie. I do want to try these again & see how much difference the chips would make.

If you have made this before or decide to make them let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment