Chuck-A-Rama Bread Pudding
3 Quarts Bread, 1 Inch Cube
4 3/4 Cups Milk
1/2 Pound Butter
1 2/3 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 1/2 Cups Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1/3 Cup Raisins
1. Place milk, butter, sugar, and spices on stove and heat to 200 degrees and immediately remove from heat. Do not over heat!! Do not boil!!
2. Let cool for 5 minutes.
3. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, and vanilla. Hand whip for 30 seconds.
4. Combine the two above mixes and mix with a hand whip for another 30 seconds.
5. Place 3 quarts of bread, loosely packed, in a 3 quart casserole dish or pan.
6. Evenly pour the milk mix over the bread.
7. Sprinkle 1/3 cop of raisins over the bread and milk mix.
8. Use a spatula and make sure all surface bread has been completely soaked in milk mix.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until you reach a consistency of jello.
10. Evenly pour 1/3 cup of vanilla sauce just prior to serving.
11. Artistically lace the top with string icing and a caramel topping.
Note: This item must be served soon after cooking as it does not have long holding life.
Chuck-A-Rama Vanilla Sauce
1 1/4 Cups Corn Starch
1 1/4 Quarts Sugar
1 Quart Water, Boiling
1/4 Cup Vanilla
1 Quart Half & Half
1. Mix corn starch and sugar together in a sauce pan.
2. Add boiling water and stir until smooth.
3. Place over heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. When cool add vanilla and half & half.